National Cart is committed to the health and well-being of all its stakeholders. Nothing is more important than the safety of our employees, customers, vendors, and other partners. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has presented itself with challenges that most of us have not experienced in our lifetimes. We take the current situation very seriously and consider our handling of this matter to be of the upmost priority.
In addition to being dedicated in handling this critical situation, we realize that we support many in the retail industry at a time when they are most needed. As consumers look to ensure they have much needed groceries, medication, and miscellaneous supplies, they turn to our customer base. National Cart is determined in doing everything possible to avoid interruptions in supply chain. Our customers turn to us and we confidently assume that responsibility. We have taken swift preventative measures. This includes:
• Prohibiting international and restricting domestic travel.
• Disinfecting areas multiple times, a day.
• Promoting video and audio conferences over physical meetings.
• Enforcing strict “stay home” policies for those exhibiting any symptoms.
• Enabling office staff to work remotely.
• Staggering shifts to minimize gatherings.
• Encouraging social distancing and hygiene best practices.
As this issue evolves, we will watch over each new development and continue to review Federal, State, and Local programs for guidelines and best practices. Should any interruption occur, we have available resources to reduce any type of supply chain interruption. These include:
• Multiple manufacturing facilities in various geographic locations.
• The ability to outsource manufacturing processes to external vendors.
• A geographically diverse supplier base for all commodities, supplies, and components.
• Chinese suppliers that are in full production.
• Various transportation means.
Lastly, we have reviewed our disaster recovery plan with the executive team. Members have packets of relevant information, including contact information on employees, customers, suppliers, contractors, and service providers to be kept at home. Each member is clear on his or her responsibilities in such an event and an alternative/backup is assigned for each role.